Monday, December 14, 2009

Building Up The Fellowship Among Pastors

By now you have heard my views about the NEED for fellowship among those of us who serve as leaders/pastors/ministers of our member churches. I have encouraged us to fellowship together around the table, over a cup of coffee, as we partake of a meal. I truly believe this is an important part of the strengthening of the local church to become more effective in its ministry to the community. However, there are many who have yet to "fellowship" with the pastors in area chuches.

Like the church grows closer and stronger by not forsaking thee assembly, I believe the fellowship of pastors is a key element that we should not ignore. My pastor keeps addressing our congreation with a piercing question, "who is the 2 AM friend that you can call?" Truth is, we who serve in ministry often receive that call, but have no one to call. I encourage us all to become involved in fellowship with area ministers on a regular basis!

I also believe there is a real need for us to meet regularly to share information and experience training/dialogue together. I guess that would be accomplished at a "Ministers' Conference." They tell me that all throughout Baptist Life those type meetings are poorly attended. I hate that for this generation of pastors! I look back to my early years and I treasure the friendships made and support networks developed as a result of our monthly fellowship meetings and those times around the table. I enjoy the times I go off to pastors conefernces, meetings, etc. but there is a real need for us - as local pastors to build up our fellowship. Point is - we need one another! So - again, I unapologetically encourage us to get together over a cup of coffee or around a fellowship meal. And yes, I encourage us to become involved in regular Pastors/Ministers Fellowship meetings.

I hope you go ahead and place the dates on your calendar and strive to be in attendance. I honeslty believe your (and my) involvement will strengthen the churches of the Tar River Baptist Association. Please pray with me in this important matter.

In 2010 TRBA has scheduled the THIRD Tuesday of each month as our Ministers' Monthly Fellowship Meetings. We will be meeting at TRBA Center at 10 AM and conclude by 11:30 AM. We encourage you to continue fellowship after the meeting over a meal - at leasty occassionally.

It is our prayer to have meetings that share relevant information helpful to you in ministry. If you have ideas, please share with me at domtarriver@hotmail.com. Right now, we have several things planned:

Saturday, January 23rd at 9 AM - Pastors and Families Fellowship Breakfast at Ephesus. This is a different time than normal, come and join us. There is no cost, but we do ask that you register with us so we know how much to prepare. I will get more info out later, but PLEASE place this on your calendar and join us if at all possible.

Monthly Ministers' Fellowship Meetings: Beginning Tuesday, February 16th at 10 AM and continuing each THIRD Tuesday of the month. All meetings will be at TRBA Center unless otherwise noted. In the February Meeting we will share detailed information about how TRBA will be involved in "Find it Here" for the next year. Please understand, "Find it Here" is not JUST an effort to get people to church on Easter Sunday 2010, it is an intensive effort to get ALL believers sharing the Gospel and EVERY lost person in North America hearing and having an opportunity to receive that message.

Programs after February are:

March: Learning How To Lead People In A Non-Committed Culture
April: How To Become A Spiritually Healthy, Reproducing Church
May: Associational Missions Emphasis

I look forward to seeing you at these gatherings and encourage you to share ideas so that we can develop programs of interest/help to you.

God Bless!

No comments: