Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Facing The Giants

It's been a while since my last post. I guess you know blogging is not my top priority. Though I am not creating new posts, I hope you know that I daily lift you up on prayer!

When one strives to be obedient to the call of God upon his life as a pastor, there are giants out there. Giants that sometimes appear much larger than they really are because we are simply drained with time pressures, concern for family needs, conflict and criticsms, hospital visits and funerals on top of hospital visits and funerals, preparation for Bible studies and sermons, etc. etc. Few people understand the role you feel. What is a pastor to do?

Well--though this is not an all inclusive list, I think there are some things NEEDED in our lives. First, there is a NEED to "be still" - both to come to know God better but also for the physical rest that is needed. Certainly, there is a need for Bible study and prayer. There is a need for balance in our lives - our families NEED us! And, I believe we also need one another!

I encourage you to join with other pastors in your geographical area for times of fellowship. I encourge you to be a part of the Ministers' Fellowship in their monthly meetings. Such groups strengthen our personal relationships and therefore strengthen the churches we serve.

Know that you are in my prayers and that I am here for you if there is ever a need. Giants can not keep us out of the Promised Land unless we choose to yield to them instead of trusting God.

No comments: