Saturday, November 18, 2006

What Is BETTER Than Knowing Chirst As Savior?

Well, you and I know the answer -- there is NOTHING better than knowing Christ as personal savior. However, there is a discovery I made recently that has been a major revelation to me. It is such an important message to share that I have determined to place the information on both my blog sites. It is the fact that I can be a part of sharing the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ to a lost world until Christ Himself returns to this earth!

I have discovered that I can leave my entire “estate” to ministry causes and to my children as well. I do not really know how it works, but I can point you to someone that can explain it to you far better than me. Linda and I have determined this is how we can support missions and ministry long after we are gone. In fact, perhaps even give far more to the work after we are gone than we are able to while we are on this earth.

Let me share from my limited perspective. Let’s say we have $100,000 to leave our children. I love my children dearly and they are wonderful human beings, but the past is the best predictor of the future. One of my children will have whatever is left spent in short order. The other will give it to help others and have nothing to sustain himself. We have determined the action of leaving our “estate” to a ministry will not hurt them at all.

As it works, over a period of 20 years they will receive back $140,000 (if we set it up for 15 years, it would be $105,000). At the end of the 20 years, the principal will still be there to assist in the ministry – until Jesus comes! That is the beauty of this—for all times, Linda and I can be supportive of the ministries that are important to us!

I know there are others that can set this up for you, but Linda and I have chosen to work through the Baptist Foundation of North Carolina. They will help us set up the particulars as to how we can support three ministries through the Tar River Baptist Association in the years to come. Tom Denton is our area representative for the Baptist Foundation. He would be happy to talk with you personally or come and share with your entire church. What a wonderful way to express your gratitude to the Lord. It is also a way to express your heartfelt desire that all may come to know Him as their savior. Tom can be reached at ncbf@always-online.com.

I just wanted to share with you how you can support the cause of Christ – both in the here and now, and for all eternity.

Yours in and through Christ,
Dougald

No comments: